7 Reasons Why It’s Better to be SINGLE than in a Friends with Benefits Hookup
I originally wrote this list for my guide (Let Him Chase YOU), but decided it would be best for the blog:
7 Reasons Why It’s Better to be Single than in a FWB Hookup
1. You might not be the only one he’s creeping with. Do you really want to maintain a sex-only relationship with someone who may be promiscuous and having sex with other people?
2. The potential for unwanted pregnancies and STDs is high. Is it worth risking your life or lifestyle for someone who doesn’t have any real ties to you?
3. You leave yourself open to an actual relationship with a guy when you’re single.
4. You don’t have to experience the anxiety of waiting for a text message that may or may not come (which is probably just a booty call request).
5. You can rest peacefully and well throughout the night, every night, without being rudely awakened at 340 am, then having to debate with yourself about whether you should fix yourself up and run across town for a booty call.
6. You don’t have to listen to your FWB dump his problems on your lap, in the same way that he uses you for sexual relief. Especially is his “problem” is another woman he wants to be with.
7. You have more time on your hands to clear your head then pursue your interests, passions and business ideas when you’re single.
Lynn Gilliard is the author of the relationship guide Let Him Chase YOU (available soon) and the eBook Friends With Benefits SUCKS (At Least for Women). She is an in-demand writer and transformational blogger helping people get in touch with their inner greatness.
Leave a Reply